It is a known fact that exposing oneself to an asbestos environment may prove to be hazardous to health. Hence, there is a need to remove the asbestos or do its maintenance regularly. Many of the commercial buildings having asbestos are inspected by professional inspectors of materials. In accordance with their instructions, either it will be removed or repaired.
There is top quality providing asbestos testing services in the UK promoting unbiased inspection reports. They do the asbestos survey and give the report that marks the quality of asbestos is degraded or not.
Why asbestos is termed to be dangerous?
The tiniest particles or fibres of it remain airborne and has the ability to cause many health problems. The fibre breathed in by living beings will have adverse effect on the lungs. Gradually, the particles leads to lung cancer.
The damaged sheets of asbestos need to be removed immediately and always they need high maintenance. The asbestos inspection include the survey of the fibres present in the air where the sheets are installed. The sheets are instructed to remove if the quantity of asbestos fibres present in air is more. There are high chances of paying penalty if the damaged asbestos isn’t removed instantly.
Image Credit: https://www.gettyimages.in/detail/photo/safety-is-our-top-priority-worker-wearing-full-body-royalty-free-image/1336267458
More about the testing process of asbestos:
- Mostly when a site is demolished or renovated the asbestos inspection professional is contacted by the owners.
- The inspection is done as per the rules set forth by the health department and the state government.
- Mainly the walls, roof, popcorn ceiling, plumbing and attics are checked with special equipment designed for checking without harming anything. It is because they provide spaces for the fibres to freely move unseen by anyone. They go through the whole place and inspect the built structure.
- They remove the dry wall, insulation and other things that may contain asbestos fibres.
- The samples are taken for testing in the lab before the results are finally provided by the certified inspection firm. They take large amount of samples from varied places on the site to identify the quality of the material and verify the quantity of asbestos fibre present in them.
- A record of suspected material is maintained and after the whole inspection is complete, the suspected materials are removed.
- For safety, the place is secured and entry of any person is prohibited. It is because there are high chances of the fibres floating in the air while the testing devices are used by the inspecting professionals.
Many try to do the checking themselves to save the cost, however it proves to be dangerous. The sheets may crumble and the whole place would be full of fibre. The asbestos can be removed by professionals to discard it safely. Then the abatement team would provide certification that the whole damaged asbestos is removed and the place is safe from its harm.
Hence, if asbestos presence is there in the structure of your building then make sure to have the inspection done regularly by certified professionals.