Vacuum tumbling is a very popular process in which the meat is marinated so that the spices are properly separated into the meat. This process can be done at home as well as in industries too. Vacuum tumblers come in different sizes and different types of vacuum tumblers can be used for different types of kitchens and restaurants. Vacuum tumblers allow the moisture to maintain in the meat and make it more flavourful.
How does it work?
There are different types of meat products available in the market and in the food industry, all these meat products are referred to as proteins. When a protein product is vacuumed, the pores in that protein enlarge. Due to this expansion, the marinade goes deeper into the protein. There is a drum in these vacuum tumbling machines and this drum has the protein being marinated and the one being used. When these ingredients go into the drum, the drum gets sealed.
There are mainly two types of vacuum tumbling machines. The types of these machines are continuous and non-continuous systems. The main difference between these two machines is the way vacuum is applied. The continuous systems are more popular in Europe while non-continuous systems are popular in the USA.
Benefits of vacuum tumbling machines
- The moisture is maintained in the product after cooking
- The product tastes much better
- The product becomes more tender
- The wastage of the marinade is less as compared to when it is soaked
- The process takes very less time when compared to the soaking process
- It extends the life of the products
- It reduces the labour cost and time spent on the process
- It is a user friendly process
Features of vacuum tumbling machines
- The tumbling machines are made up of stainless steel material which maintains the quality of food.
- The special blades present in the machine divide the marinade evenly.
- There is an automatic temperature control in the system and it helps in operation of the machine.
- These vacuum tumblers have timers present which also help in controlling the speed and number of rotations.
- It helps in absorbing the marinade fully with no excess wastage.
There are a lot of benefits of the vacuum tumbling machines and the best part is that they can be used at home as well as in industries depending on their size. They are available in different sizes and with various features. Before purchasing one, you should do your full research online or offline to get the idea about the type of vacuum tumbler you require according to your needs. It will definitely make your work a lot easier but before that, you should decide the correct type of vacuum tumbler.
The prices also vary according to the features and the sizes. If you want to use one at home, then it is a good idea to go for the basic one. However, for industrial use, you should definitely go for advanced features as it will make the work ales and reduce the cost of labour too.